Fully automatic machines are very expensive, depending on brand and features, the price tag can go very high. Krups Espresseria is a nice compromise between price, level of automation, and reliability.
One remarkable thing about it is the capability to use oily beans. Most super-automatic cannot be sued with oily beans. Espresseria from Krups has a divider for oily beans, and there is no problem grinding them.
Obviously, the price is very affordable, and most of us think that "It must be missing great features, at this price". While this fully automatic espresso machine from Krups is missing some features, most of us won't even notice them missing.
Krups Espresseria Review
Krups espresseria can brew cappuccinos and pull espresso shots without any manual interventions from you.
You still have the ability to select the coffee strength, and the grind size for a full customization of the end result, but if you use the correct beans, you should get at least a good shot, without even touching the controls.
If you want to tweak your espresso for perfection, you can adjust the grind size for the right crema and for bolder flavors, and you can adjust the strength of the shot with a knob.
The LCD looks great and it allows you see your selection.
The machine has also a water filter to ensure pure water is going into your coffee, and you don't have to descale the machine too often.
There is also included an Auto-Cappuccino set, that makes your cappuccino making a breeze.
Pros and Cons of Krups Espresseria
Do not consider this machine low end only because of the price, this super-automatic has all the features as any high end espresso maker, and it is very reliable.
Here is a summary of the things I like about this machine:
- Hot coffee, at the right temperature, ensured by its unique thermoblock system
- Very easy to operate, with an intuitive interface
- Less cleaning than most of the fully automatics, (and easy to clean)
- Works with oily beans, there is a special divider that needs to be used
- It is a compact machine
- I love how it looks, (I know this is subjective, but I just love it)
- Made in France
- 2 years warranty, or 6000 cups. This means around 8 cups per day
OK, in my opinion, this machine is pretty amazing. Obviously, when you try to make a machine as reliable as possible, and to keep the cost down, there will be some design decisions to be made, and features to be missed. Here is what the machine misses:
- Bypass for pre-ground coffee
- The attachment for frothing milk is not as easy to use as with more expensive machines. But this keeps costs low, and makes the machine more reliable.
- It doesn't fit big cups
- The beans container can not be removed, so you can't change beans whenever you want. You have to first finish the beans inside the grinder.
Check this link for more super automatic espresso reviews.