- Measure a heaping tablespoon (8 grams) of coffee beans for every 7 oz, (200 ml), of water.
- Grind the coffee coarsely, (a little coarser than drip).
- Dump the ground coffee in the French press, (cafetière).
- Pour hot water, (not quite boiling), over the grounds, and stir vigorously, to make sure all coffee is wet.
- Press the plunger to the water level, and let it steep for 3 to 5 minutes. Finer grind less steeping.
- After the 5 minutes, push the plunger slowly, all the way down. Press steady, and don’t try to rush it up.
- Pour the coffee in cups and wash the pot.
For a detailed step by step tutorial, with in depth details visit our page about French Press.