Last Updated on
De'Longhi ESAM Magnifica is a super-automatic espresso machine on the lower price range, and it's often compared to Krups Espresseria. The two offer about the same feature set at a comparable price. Each of the two has its strength and weaknesses and depending on your needs and preferences, you might choose one or the other.
ESAM3300 Magnifica is an affordable espresso machine, and it will turn your espresso making into a pleasure, providing consistency, and convenience at the touch of a button.
Summing up some of the De'Longhi's great features:
- The burr grinder is of a great quality, a grinder makes or breaks an espresso shot.
- The replacement parts are easy to find on the Internet, and they are not expensive.
- The cappuccino is perfect.
- The shots are perfect with a smooth taste, and thick crema layer.
- The machine is very reliable, compared to other super-automatic. As you probably know, this is one of the weaknesses of super-automatic coffee machines.
- Easy to customize your coffee strength by adjusting the water level.
- Tweak the perfect balance between boldness, crema, and taste, with grinding adjustments.
- Can be used with ground coffee, a huge bonus for some people.
- You can remove the bean container, and change the beans. With other machines this is impossible, you have to run through all of you beans before changing them.
- The water tank and the beans' container can be removed without moving the machine. This is very important for small kitchens.
- One great feature is the cup tray, which warms up the cup, so your shot doesn't get cold.
DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Review
DeLonghi ESAM Magnifica Features
This is one of the best super-automatic espresso machines on the market. When you look for a machine like this, you expect it to:
- Give you consistent results every time
- Be easy to tune the setting for your shot
- Easy to maintain
- To be reliable
- Have a comprehensive warranty and easy to access service
Pros and Cons of DeLonghi Magnifica ESAM 3300
- Great option to adjust the water quantity, and the amount of coffee for your brew. This allows a great customization of the final cup, from ristretto to caffe crema.
- Very reliable machine. There are very few super-automatic machines as reliable as the Magnifica from DeLonghi.
- It has a double boiler, which means you don't have to wait between espresso and cappuccino. It also means more precision during brewing your favorite beverage.
- Very easy to clean
- Descaling is a breeze, you can do it without calling the support line to help you on the phone.
- Price - the ESAM 3300 is one of the most convenient machines for its price.
- It warms up fast
- Did I mention the price? 🙂
- The grinder noisy, but that's a common thing among super-automatic espresso machines.
- It can't grind oily beans. Make sure you only buy beans for a couple of weeks or so. The oily beans problem is also very common among super-automatic machines.
- The cup warmer is not so great.
The De'Longhi ESAM Magnifica is a reliable machine but, as many super-automatics, requires maintenance regularly. Do not skip the maintenance, or the machine will eventually break, or your shots will be underwhelming. Here are some of the things you should do for your Magnifica.
- Clean the brew group once a week. Just take out and wash it under hot water. (Watch the video below for detailed instructions.)
- Only high quality Arabica beans. Make sure you don’t use oily coffee beans, these tend to clog very often, and it will break your machine.
- Use quality water, some use demineralized water, or even distilled water to avoid calcification. The best for taste is spring water, but you need to descale more frequently.
- Descale the machine exactly when it tells you to, don’t wait. If you don’t do it in time you risk breaking it. (Watch the video below.)
My name is Dorian hand I am a former barista. I consume coffee in any form, as a beverage, in savory recipes and desserts. My favorite caffeinated beverage is the espresso.
I love to share my coffee brewing knowledge and my geeky coffee research. This blog is one of the places I write about coffee. More about Dorian…