Jura Capresso Ena 9 – One Touch
When Jura and Capresso, two of the big espresso equipment companies have merged, I was a little disappointed, because this means less competition. However, I realized soon that by joining forces, the two manufacturers could make espresso machines that will stand apart from the crowd. And this is what happened in fact. Jura Capresso Ena 9 is one of the greatest super automatic espresso machines on the market.
With features to help you automate making espresso-based drinks, it removes all of the guessing behind nailing a perfect espresso and foaming the milk to perfection. And best of all, all this with the press of a button.
Jura Capresso Ena 9 Features
Jura Capresso Ena 9 features are impressive. These features allow a great customization of the shot and the milk-based beverage. You can adjust almost everything in the process of brewing a cappuccino, or a late: coffee strength, milk quantity, flavor, etc…
This elegant, and modern looking machine features:
- Programmable water quantity
- Programmable coffee quantity, from 0.5 ounces to 8 ounces, this allows adjusting the coffee strength
- Programmable milk quantity for custom espresso and milk based drinks
- 5 Grind settings, (five settings within the espresso grind size range!) This will help fine tune the shot for the perfect crema and flavor
- Bypass for using pre-ground coffee, for a special coffee you want to test, or a decaf, (I don’t encourage decaf espresso).
- Button selected shot’s strength
- Automatic frother cleaning, with alert
- Automatic cleaning of the brew group
- Program for descaling, if you ever descaled a semiautomatic, you know useful this is
- 2 years manufacturer warranty
- One button touch latte and cappuccino
- Ena 9 features a 15 bar pump
- Intelligent Pre Brew Aroma System
A great feature that is worth mentioning separately is the height adjustable dual spout, which can fit cups and mugs between 3 and 5 inches, (75 and 125 mm).
The machine is easy to disassemble for cleaning, and having separate pipes for milk and coffee makes it even easier.
The fine foam technology ensures a milk foam that is very fine and light, that looks amazing in your cup.
Jura ENA 9 One Touch
- Great microfoam with the unique technology.
- One button touch for various coffee specialties: Cappuccino. Latte macchiato, Coffee, and Espresso.
- Height adjustable spout, with separate pipes for milk and coffee.
- Small footprint.
- The aroma boost function allows you to easily adjust your cup.
- Many programmable settings to tweak your beverage to perfection.
Pros and Cons of Jura Ena 9
Jura Ena 9 Pros:
- Very easy to use, and to program
- Versatile, and flexible, allows a lot tweaks for the perfect shot
- Latte, or cappuccino with a button touch
- Aroma boost function can add additional grinds to your cup, for the strongest shot
- Swiss made
Jura Ena 9 Cons:
- Small water reservoir
- Great froth, but it’s only one type of froth
Check this page for more super automatic espresso machine reviews.